Sunday, April 14, 2013

video #3 - 1st collab




My first time ever hosting a collab and I wouldn't call it a great success because there were definitely a lot of challenges.
Firstly, it was a bit messy trying to get people to enter because I wasn't expecting people to find the video themselves, so I invited some of my favourite editors (or at least the ones I think would actually talk to me lol) to join personally. Some of them got to the video slightly late and all the parts were already filled in. It was too bad :(
Secondly, I really wanted a variety between male and female groups but I only got like two females. At first someone entered with SNSD, but she pulled out later on. which brings me to the next point.
People pulling out of the collab or not responding to messages. It was upsetting, because I have to continuously delay uploading the video and find people to replace for them. And someone who replaced forgot it was a dance video therefore in the middle you can see a part that doesn't have much dancing involved. it messed up the video a bit but that's okay.
And earlier in the process I had trouble giving out the parts too because of Vegas /sigh thankfully, I got things together and here is what came out of it!

People are a problem, but videos aren't. So when I got the parts, things were easy enough. Except.. I didn't actually make my part until I got all the parts /laughs at self. And I was slightly sick the night I made it which was two nights ago. It glitched damn it glitched. Slightly, before the "if you wanna lose your mind" part. but so did the Boyfriend part but sdbfajs okay sshh. picking which parts I should put into the video was kinda hard since they have so many points but I think you can see I actually chose parts that aren't the main points. it's because I thought they matched the music more. The ending with the chorus of Warrior part turned out a little less than what I expected. also, the beats made it a bit hard to concentrate on the dance /sigh

But through making this video, I discovered some new text effects! like 'difference' (I used it for the 'KPOP DANCE COLLAB' and the outro) and tracking (the spacing change) so yea kinda excited bout that :3 I think I should explore around Vegas more to see what other effects I could use instead of reusing the same ones over and over again.

So yea. It's been fun. I'll host another collab, but not so soon. Just when I find a song good enough for it :D
Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment